Recents

I’m hoping this won’t be my last RECENTS post of the year.  I have three more books I’d like to finish this year, but I seem to be reading slower than molasses on a winter day.  Here’s to a week curled up on the couch, covered in a fuzzy throw with a book or my Kindle in my hand!

Recent Reads

Models Don’t Eat Chocolate Cookies by Erin Dionne– humble rating: Golf Clap+ – It was like visiting my shy, insecure middle school self all over again, but this time liking myself. I don’t understand why my public library has this shelved in the teen section. I’d recommend to middle graders.









A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn– humble rating: Golf Clap+ – I’ve got a bit of an attitude about fairytale retellings (though I’ve written a short retelling of Goldilocks). I always think they are a bit of a cop out because you are already starting with an idea someone else formed.  Yet a well-told retelling is so enjoyable, especially Alex Flinn’s retellings.








The Golden Pathway by Donna D McDine - humble rating: Golf Clap+ – This story does a great job showing why slavery was so wrong as well as how a person can reach way deep down to find the strength they need to overcome fear. It is so important for these stories to be told and retold. Brava Ms. McDine!

Recent Rents

Jingle All The Way
The Young Victoria
Igor



My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me