January 31, 2011

Recents

I admit, there are times I feel like maybe I'm just in a really good mood and that's why I really like the books I read during that time period.  But I'm pretty sure the authors are actually the ones responsible for the praise, not my moods.
Recent Reads

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkinshumble rating: Golf Clap+ – There really wasn’t anything original about this story, so why did I like it so much?  Maybe it is the spunky main character. I loved her voice. Ending was kinda frustrating, but I’ll get over it.









Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clarehumble rating: Motivational Speaker – This book is chock full of mystery and suspense and anticipation. I was left wanting in a delicious though frustrating way. Guess I’ll have to read The Mortal Instruments Series now.









Entice by Carrie Jones - humble rating: (for this book) Motivational Speaker – Major fan girl gush going on here. I’m pretty upset with Carrie Jones for making me care so much about her strange world of pixies and wereanimals. (Total jealousy thing. I want people to feel this way about my characters and their lives). This is one of those books that I missed when I couldn’t be reading it.  I’m gobsmacked by the improvement in the story through the series.  So much so that I am going to do a CRAZY thing and award Carrie Jones a Rock Concert rating for the series development. There is so much I would like to say to her about how much I love Zara and Astley and Issie and Betty, but really, I’m feeling kinda embarrassed, so now I will stop. 

My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

No comments:

Post a Comment