Recents

I admit, there are times I feel like maybe I'm just in a really good mood and that's why I really like the books I read during that time period.  But I'm pretty sure the authors are actually the ones responsible for the praise, not my moods.
Recent Reads

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkinshumble rating: Golf Clap+ – There really wasn’t anything original about this story, so why did I like it so much?  Maybe it is the spunky main character. I loved her voice. Ending was kinda frustrating, but I’ll get over it.









Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clarehumble rating: Motivational Speaker – This book is chock full of mystery and suspense and anticipation. I was left wanting in a delicious though frustrating way. Guess I’ll have to read The Mortal Instruments Series now.









Entice by Carrie Jones - humble rating: (for this book) Motivational Speaker – Major fan girl gush going on here. I’m pretty upset with Carrie Jones for making me care so much about her strange world of pixies and wereanimals. (Total jealousy thing. I want people to feel this way about my characters and their lives). This is one of those books that I missed when I couldn’t be reading it.  I’m gobsmacked by the improvement in the story through the series.  So much so that I am going to do a CRAZY thing and award Carrie Jones a Rock Concert rating for the series development. There is so much I would like to say to her about how much I love Zara and Astley and Issie and Betty, but really, I’m feeling kinda embarrassed, so now I will stop. 

My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me