Recents

Recent Reads

The Merlin Conspiracy by Diana Wynne Jones– humble rating: Motivational Speaker – I was reading through this and I thought to myself, “This reminds me of the world with the embroidery in it. Which book was that?” Yeah, then I got to the embroidery scene. At first I was flummoxed. How could I have forgotten that I’d read the book before? But in the end it doesn’t matter. I loved it just the same. Mini, Nick, Romanov, Grundo, the goat. Loved them all.








Prom and Prejudice by Elizabeth Eulberg – humble rating: Golf Clap+ – I liked the modern twist to the story. I admit that retellings seem like cheating to me, but they are fun to read. So, what do I know? Maybe I’ll give it a try. Or maybe I’ll just stick to reading them now and again. It isn’t so fun to know the ending, but the journey there can be entertaining.








Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead - humble rating: Motivational Speaker – I give this book an MS rating if for no other reason, than for who Rose ends up with in the end. I would have gone all Strigoi if she hadn’t. Wrapped up a thoroughly enjoyable series well. Only a couple slow books in the series. This book wasn’t one of them.


Recent Rents

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 – Can I just say that Emma Watson is brilliant in this movie.


My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me