The VBT & My Recents

Please stop in on my tour today:

At Lori’s Reading Corner I’m guest blogging about how to keep your favorite author writing.

And The Weaver and I are spotlighted on The Plot today.

Hopefully you haven’t missed these stops:

Book review at One Day At A Time
Fun interview at Pump Up Your Book
Yummy family favorite recipe at Authors & Appetizers

Help me spread the word of the tour by sharing the link to your favorite article with your friends and family.

Recent Reads - haven't had as much to read as I'd like (sad face) 

Torn by Amanda Hocking– humble rating: Golf Clap – I am so conflicted over these books. I enjoy the story, but I simply don’t understand why a million copies of them sold. That said, I have to finish out the series. If for no other reason so that I have completed my research and can bang my head against the wall with reason.









Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson – humble rating: Golf Clap+ – I read this to honor Eva Ibbotson’s career. It was enjoyable. A bit long, but honestly, that might have been my circumstances that made it feel a bit long-winded. Overall I did enjoy the story arc.









Ascend by Amanda Hocking - humble rating: Golf Clap – I’m relieved to be finished with this series. I enjoyed Loki most of all – predictable for me. But all in all, I’m just never going to understand the phenom and I have to live with that. But at least I can consider myself fully informed.

My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me