Recents

Recent Reads

Oh. My. Gods. by Tera Lynn Childs– humble rating: Golf Clap –Fun read. There were a few times I raised an eyebrow at the improbability of circumstances. But when I chose to view the book as a light, fun read, that ceased to needle me.









Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney – humble rating: Golf Clap – I was surprised at how the author seemed to talk down to the reader, often over explaining or telling instead of showing. I wasn’t crazy about the time travel aspect in this story. Maybe I was just starting to relate to cast of characters and wasn’t up to the task of starting again. Just didn’t work enough for me. Liked the magic though. Very well developed.








Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly - humble rating: Golf Clap++ – This story was woven together so well. I loved the history and the music elements. Really great story.









Solstice by PJ Hoover - humble rating: Motivational Speaker – I am so excited to report that I really, really enjoyed this book! The story behind the book is so intriguing; indie published w/support from author’s lit agent. I had to read it just to see if it was better than the standard indie published book and I am here to say YES, YES and more YES. Professional, well written/edited, well staged for my Kindle (I get the impression this isn’t an easy thing to do). And then the story is really great. I thoroughly enjoyed the dystopian aspects of the Global Heating Crisis. Fascinating. I liked the mix with mythology, found it interesting that Earth was hotter than Hell. A crush-worthy Hades. The story (more so than the characters) stayed with me afterward. I kept feeling compelled to return to it, but alas, I was finished with the book. All good things. Brava, Ms. Hoover.

My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me