Recents

It has been two months since I last posted my recent reads. A couple good reasons for this. One is that life got really sad and complicated. Two, I read four books I can't post about because they are for a competition. So in order to make up for it, I plowed through two books this weekend. I feel back on track with my reading.

Recent Reads:

Beauty Queens by Libba Bray – humble rating: Motivational Speaker – Fun!










Sophie & Carter by Chelsea Fine – humble rating: Motivational Speaker – Powerful, sad, hopeful.









Eighth Grade Super Zero by Olugbemisola Rhuday-Perkovich - humble rating: Golf Clap++ – Good vulnerability and growth in the m.c. I loved how he questioned religion. So realistic, never preachy.








Tomorrow Girls – Behind The Gates by Eva Gray - humble rating: Golf Clap – Fast, fun reading.









Tomorrow Girls – Run For Cover by Eva Gray - humble rating: Golf Clap – Just as quick & entertaining. Liked that it was from another character’s p.o.v.

My own humble rating system: Please feel free to ask for clarification or to dispute my opinion.  I only ask that we ALWAYS remain respectful to the author.

Chirping Cricket – At the end all you hear is the chirp of the cricket.  I doubt I’ll ever use this because I can’t publicly embarrass someone knowingly.  However, I must have a ‘beginning’ rating in order for the rest to make sense. 

Golf Clap - The polite ovation that follows a well-placed shot.

Motivational Speaker –You are left fired up and eager to get to work making the world a better place.  You can’t wait to tell your friends all the insights and inspiration you took away from it. 

Rock Concert – Hooting and hollering, cheering, singing and clapping throughout the performance.  Swaying and lit lighters accompany ballads.  Riots break out if there is no encore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me

Robot Writing - What It Is & How to Avoid It