Maudlin


My author self is feeling maudlin today.

maud·lin

adjective
1.
tearfully or weakly emotional; foolishly sentimental: a maudlin story of a little orphan and her lost dog.
2.
foolishly or mawkishly sentimental because of drunkenness.

Okay, admittedly, it is not the second definition. It is only nine o’clock in the morning after all. Not noon.

I love writing. I hope I’m not forced to retire from it until I’m 90. There are a million different stories I want to tell. I’m not sure I’m talented enough to tell them as well as they should be told, but I’m a firm believer in ‘practice makes perfect’ and I plan to keep practicing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me

Robot Writing - What It Is & How to Avoid It