Three Times A Charm with Heather Brainerd

Welcome to Three Times A Charm. I love introducing my readers to new authors, illustrators, bloggers, agents, editors or promoters from the children’s publishing industry.

Today’s guest is author, Heather Brainerd. Thanks for joining us, Heather. Can you tell us a little about you, please?

I live in New York with my husband, our three sons, and a crazy pug-terrier. When I’m not writing, I like to read, go for walks with my dog, and work out while watching the show Bones. I also run a Disney blog, and spend a lot of time daydreaming about my next trip to Disney World…or maybe we should go to Disneyland…or maybe a Disney cruise. Okay, so I’m kind of Disney-obsessed.

You’re certainly not the only one. Hence the huge conglomeration. Heather can you tell us about your work?

My Young Adult paranormal romance, Dream Shade, is about a girl named Sarah who starts seeing ghosts. With help from her friends, she tries to find out what the spirits want from her to (hopefully) help them rest in peace.

I recommend my book Dream Shade to readers who like Twilight

I also write with my brother, David Fraser. Our first Middle Grade fantasy novel, Shadows of New York, will be out this summer. We’ve published two paranormal mysteries for grown-ups, Deception Al Dente and The Sound of Sirens. They’re the first two books of the José Picada, P.I. series. We’re currently working on the third and fourth books in that series. We have so much fun writing together!

Writing pairs are so fascinating. It seems to me you would have to have an organized mind to create with someone else. I love that you write with your brother!

Now, for the Threes. Share with us your top 3’s to help us know you a little better.

  • Top 3 pieces of advice for kids these days.

Go offline for a little while. Embrace the outdoors. Spend time with your parents; they love you like nothing else in the world.

  • Top 3 professions you wanted to be when you grew up.

A writer, a stay-home mom, and a ballerina. Okay, so two out of three isn’t bad!

  • Top 3 favorite places.

Old San Juan, for the history and culture. New Orleans, for the music and the food. Walt Disney World, because it’s the most magical place on earth!

Where can our tech savvy readers find you online?

Find me:

Find my books:

It was lovely having you charm us on this week’s Three Times A Charm, Heather. Best of luck to you, your brother and your books.

Thanks so much for having me, Kai. This was really fun!


GUESTS WELCOME!  I am always looking for guests for Three Times A Charm. If you are an author, illustrator or book reviewer, an agent or an editor. If you have something related to children’s publishing that you’d like people to know about, feel free to contact me about a future appearance.

Comments

  1. Thanks again for hosting me, Kai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I hope you and your brother will return when your Shadows of New York is out. I'd love to do a character interview.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to find out more about you Heather, and best of luck with all your writing projects (And don't give up on the ballerina dream!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - I'd love to see Heather in a ballet! Thanks for stopping in.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I left ballet lessons behind in the sixth grade! :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this interview. I greatly enjoyed Heather's responses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, Heather and Kai! I think it would be wonderful (and a lot of fun) to have a writing partner as Heather has with her brother, David that she is so in sync with.

    Heather, your novels sound exciting and I can attest that they are excellent.

    Kai, I love the name of your blog...Strands of Thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan! Dave and I certainly enjoy working together.

      Delete
    2. A wonderful interview, ladies. It's so much fun learning more about you, Heather. Congratulations on your books. Dream Shade is great. Ghosts are some of my favorite characters. Looking forward to reading Deception al Dente. It's patiently waiting for me to catch up.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Beverly! I have quite the TBR list, too! :)

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Susan! I loved being able to work my name into it. Great of you to stop by.

      Beverly, I'm with you. I love all ghosts, nice ones and scary ones!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me