Favorite Authors' Favorites

It is time to learn some more author favorites. When I put the call out to authors to answer my ‘Favorites’ questions, I didn’t expect for my to-read list to grow so fast. Grab a pen and paper, or log onto Goodreads, because more than likely you’ll find a title or two to add to your very own list. Please visit the authors’ websites and browse their work. Be sure to come back weekly to learn more about other awesome authors!


I asked authors to share with us which book is their favorite Young Adult Fantasy.

GRACELING by Kristin Cashore
This book has a great fantasy hook with the Graces, a wonderfully complex female lead in Katsa, a rich fantasy world, a totally crush-worthy romantic interest in Prince Po, and a plot that kept me reading for hours on end. Pretty much everything I look for in a book! –Katie L.Carroll (Katie writes fiction for teens and kids) 

Becca Fitzpatrick’s Hush, Hush Series. I fell in love with Patch and Nora. They are such a great couple with a lot working against them. Besides the romance, the action scenes and the well thought out plot are phenomenal. I couldn’t put the books down. –Kelly Hashway (Kelly also writes fiction for kids and teens.) 

The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare. These books left me spellbound and truly invested in the characters. And who wouldn’t love to kick some demon bootae? –Erin Albert (Erin writes fiction for the young adult crossover market.) 

I also asked authors which book has their favorite book world.

I don’t know that I have an all time favorite world, but I would really, really love to visit The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. What a fantastical place that circus is, filled with mystery and magic. –Kai Strand (yes, me! I write fiction for kids and teens) 

Middle Earth, of course, as only Tolkien can write it. His world is so rich and full and amazing, with characters who have become my friends over the years. I open his books and feel like I'm coming home. -DianneHartsock (Dianne is the author of m/m erotic romances, both contemporary and fantasy, the psychological thriller, and anything else that comes to mind.) 

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I always find myself wishing she’d written more than that one perfect book. -Shel Delisle (Shel writes lighter fiction for teens. She also has a book, Glory, under a pen name M.E. Wynne that could be considered ya, or new adult, or adult. The main character is in his twenties, so go figure.) 

What world would you most like to visit or which young adult fantasy transported you? Please share your own thoughts in the comments, we love to talk books!

Comments

  1. Thanks for having me on this favorite post, Kai! My TBR list is growing now too with all these great books being mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you could participate! I loved Graceling too, btw.

      Delete
  2. Hey, thanks for having me over Kai!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me