Winging It! by Shel Delisle


Recently I was soliciting hosts for the promotion of my upcoming release, SAVE THE LEMMINGS! Author, Shel DeLisle said to me, “My main character, Grace, is about the same age as your main character, Natalie. They should meet.” Turns out the girls are as opposite as it gets and what a fun interview they came up with. So without further ado, here is Natalie from SAVE THE LEMMINGS! interviewing Grace from the recently released, Winging It!

***

Welcome Grace! My name is Natalie. I’m twelve, but I’m in 8th grade! When I heard that Winging It was going to visit my author’s blog I asked if I could be the one to interview you. I mean, we’re practically the same age. I’m sure we have so much in common. I’m an inventor, you’re an angel-in-training. I’m super smart and you at least were passing your classes, right?

Grace: Um…yes.  Most of them. Most of the time.

Natalie: Like I always say, “Weeds won’t grow if your friendship garden is full of healthy, thriving friendships.” So why don’t we get to know you better, okay?

Grace: *mumbles to self* Is she for real? 

Natalie:  I have three very dear friends. I swear, the four of us fit together like a complicated jigsaw puzzle that, when assembled, makes a beautiful picture. Who were your friends…you know…before?

Grace:  Before? Do you mean in Heaven?  Well, Mercy has been my roommate, and practically family, since the beginning. During my Mission I became friends with two full angels, y’know the ones who already have their wings.  And then there’s Faith, my new roommate…and come to think of it, she actually reminds me of you a little bit.

Natalie: What are your favorite foods? (Do you have to eat in heaven?)

Grace:  In Heaven we’re not allowed to kill anything, so for food that leaves dairy, fruits and nuts.  I’m partial to pineapple yogurt.  But we can’t even eat veggies. Like carrots, they’re off-limits, because you eat it, you kill eat. 

Now, on Earth, I’m allowed to eat whatever as long as I fit in.  Two favorites from my Mission were Chinese food and strawberry shakes, but not together because that sounds kinda’ gross. 

Natalie: What were/is (I really don’t how this works w/you being up there and all!) the top 3 songs on your play list?

Grace: Well, *sighs* Archangel Gabriel mostly just had us sing Hallelujahs and I was not into that at all. The Choir was part of what I was trying to avoid.  Anyway…

Humans on the other hand get to go to all kinds of concerts over in Quadrant Three as a part of their personal Paradise, so, IDK, is that the playlist thing you’re talking about?  Some Angels get to go, *sighs again* but I never did. Unless…well, I probably shouldn’t mention this, but Victor, one of the full angels I met, has promised we’ll go sometime. 

Natalie: Can you tell us how you came to be in the position you’re in? You know the…um…angel business.

Grace: You an inventor, right?  So you create things.  Well, The Big Kahuna invented Angels (it’s spelled with a capital “A” – just so you know.) We all have different jobs. Some, like my roomie, protect planets. Some are paper pushers in administrative positions. And, I want to help humans, even if being a Guardian means all the other Angels will turn up their halos at me.   

Natalie: Well, I’m really sorry about you becoming an Angel so early, but us earth kids need really good Angels, too. I hear you are hoping to fast track it to guardian angel. I love an overachiever! How do you plan to make this happen?

Grace: You better believe you guys need help! It’s all I used to say to Mercy when we watched Angelic Aid on HVEN TV.  Anyway, my plan is by going directly to a Mission, I’ll prove I’m ready for my wings.  Besides, I’ve never been a top student, like you, so… 

Natalie:  Grace, is there anything else you’d like to say before we say goodbye?

Grace:  Next time I see you Nat, I bet I have my wings.  I’ll soar around and maybe even take you for a spin.  

Natalie: Before you can soar, you must first leap. Bestest of luck to you, Grace! My friends and I will be engrossed in your story, which, dear readers, you can find at Amazon: 

About the book:

She Just Wants to Fly.

Ever decided to do something that seemed like a good idea and in the second before there’s no turning back think, I musta been totally mental when I came up with this? And, then, Oh, well, here goes.

That’s how Angel-in-Training Grace Lightbourne felt right before she asked the Big Kahuna to go straight to Earth on a mission as a Guardian Angel. The problem? She never was a great student and now she won’t even finish her last three years of school. To make matters worse, Archangel Michael isn’t happy about her special assignment, but Grace is convinced she’s on a fast track to her wings. Besides, how hard can it be? She’s working with humans, after all.

Winging It! is the first book in the Angel-In-Training series, an irreverent and light-hearted take on Angels, Heaven and everything else that's divine.

Author’s bio:  Shel Delisle is author of the bestselling teen novel Dolphin Girl.  While she’s no angel, she tries hard to be good and enjoy every minute of her Earthly existence, living in Florida with her hubby, three boys and a very hairy, very sweet dog.

You can visit her at: http://sheldelisle.wordpress.com/

Comments

  1. Kai, I LOVED doing this interview! Thanks so much for hosting pesky Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, where did my reply go! Eep. I really, really thought I replied to you, Shel.

    This was such a fun interview. It was so much fun getting to know Grace. Can't wait to read Winging It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved the book because it does bring out how some kids really do act towards their own family but i really like towards the end where they took the ballons and put them over lacys head

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me