Building Character with Zadie Stonebrook from My Tethered Soul

It’s Friday! Time for my blog feature, Building Character in which you get to meet characters from a book. Talking to a character outside of their book is fun! Huge. Amounts. Of fun. 

This week Strands of Thought plays host to Zadie Stonebrook from My Tethered Soul. Great of you to join us, Zadie. Can you tell our readers a little about yourself, please?

Hi, I’m Zadie. I’m seventeen years old, which is a bit scary for me, because … well, let’s just say I was safer when I was still sixteen. I have an older sister named Mara, and she’s been through hell. And I mean that almost literally. The problem is I’m afraid I’m going to know exactly how she felt first hand. Hopefully Mara can help me out of this mess.

I remember reading yours and Mara’s story in My Sister’sReaper. It was so intense! What are you up against now?

I feel like I’m being haunted by a Reaper. I hear whispers and see shadows move. Don’t get me wrong, I know how to handle a Reaper. I’ve been training for almost a year for the very purpose of saving my mom. But I can only defeat a Reaper if I know where it’s at.

Besides not knowing where the Reaper is, what other stumbling blocks have you encountered while trying to resolve your conflict?

Well the biggest obstacle is that I cannot control my actions when a Reaper takes hold of me. So I’m going to have to get him before he gets me.

Wow. That’s all very serious stuff. Let’s lighten the mood a bit. Okay? Tell us about your best friend.

Naomi is a wild, loud, and totally extroverted best friend. She keeps me in check so I don’t slip into insanity from all this Reaper drama. And she totally has my back.

What are you three favorite books or movies?

You see, my boyfriend Gavin and I LOVE classic B movies. Our favorite is probably Night of the Living Dead. We’ve also shared popcorn and cuddles over Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and The Blob.

I’m so glad to hear that you get to have some fun, too! So, Zadie, if you could change one thing in this world, what would you change?

To demolish the pact with Reapers. But in order to do that, I’m going to have to go to the source of the original agreement. Or, at least, a descendant. Which basically means I’m going to have to track down a witch.


Oh my gosh! It sounds like you still have a lot of work in front of you. Best of luck and thanks for joining us today. Readers, you can read more about Zadie’s most recent story, My Tethered Soul (Reapers Rite #2)

It’s been months since Zadie faced her sister’s Reaper, months during which she’s been under her mentor’s magical protection. But now that she’s turning seventeen, that protection is about to run out.

When dark forces lure Zadie to wander at night, she’s manipulated into committing unspeakable acts. With her friends and family at risk, Zadie must try to use her powers to break free from the Reaper’s grasp, or surrender to the Reaper’s Rite, which can only lead to death.




And now read about Zadies author!

Dorothy Dreyer has always believed in magic. Born in Angeles City, Philippines, to a Filipino mother and American Father, Dorothy grew up a military brat, living in Massachusetts, South Dakota, Guam, New Jersey, and New York. She now lives in Frankfurt, Germany, with her husband, two teens, and two Siberian huskies. Dorothy not only writes books with some element of magic in them, but has a fondness for reading those kinds of books as well. She also enjoys movies, chocolate, take-out, and spending time with family and friends. She’s known to make a pretty sweet cupcake when she has the time. She also tends to sing sometimes, so keep her away from your Karaoke bars.

Author Website: http://dorothydreyer.com

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me