March

March

According to dictionary.com march means:
§         to walk with regular measured tread
§         or a tract of land along a border of a country
§         or the third month of the year
§         or a sir name

Oh my goodness, no wonder English is offered as a major in college. How random is that list of meanings?

For this blog post, we will focus on the definition, “the third month of the year.”  31 days long and many of them ‘noteable.’

In 1995 Congress designated March National Irish American Heritage month. Very fitting since the 17th is St. Patrick’s Day.

March is National Peanut Month, which is sad for my sister and the bazillions of people in this country allergic to nuts.

The 2nd week of the month is National Bubble Week. I didn’t know that, but no that I do I’m making big plans. Who doesn’t love bubbles?

The 14th is National Pi day…you know 3.14

The Ides of March is on the 15th. But more importantly so is Incredible Kid Day! Something those of us involved in children’s publishing should want to celebrate.

Extraterrestrial Abductions Day is on the 20th. That’s just awesome! So either don your foil hat or hide under a rock depending on whether or not you care to be abducted by aliens.

The 20th is also the first day of spring. It has been an extra wintery season for many across the country and I’m sure the 20th will be looked forward to by lots of people.

I’d like to participate in Waffle Day on the 25th, but I will not be celebrating National Clam on the Half Shell Day on the 31st.

So, tomorrow starts March (National Pig Day and Peanut Butter Lover’s Day). Will it roar in like a lion or stand docile-y in the pasture chomping grass like a lamb?

I’ll be ushering it in with a giveaway, so come back tomorrow to learn about that.

What’s on your March calendar?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me