Three Times a Charm with author Dorothy Dreyer

Three Times a Charm is a weekly feature that spotlights authors, illustrators, bloggers, agents, editors or promoters from the publishing industry.

This week we are joined by Dorothy Dreyer. I met Dorothy on Twitter. She’s the queen of the Friday follow (#FF) and a darn good tweeter.

Dorothy Dreyer is a wife, mother of two, and a full time nursery
school teacher. At forty-years-old, she's been living abroad in
Germany for the past 13 years, writing whenever she finds time in her
busy schedule. She's currently seeking representation for her novels.

Germany! I love the internet. Dorothy, tell us about your latest project.

The novel I'm currently pitching is a YA Paranormal Romance called
BITTERSWEET MELODY. It's about Melody, a young muse who has a penchant
for getting in trouble -- which pretty much sucks when you've got
someone like Zeus for a father. After being grounded for a hundred
years, she's put on probation by her Inspiration Officer and is sent
to help two teen brothers who are down on their luck. When romance
enters the mix, Melody finds herself yet again in trouble -- muses
aren't supposed to fall for humans. So Melody must decide between the
boy she loves and her immortality.
Now, for the Threes. Share with us your top 3’s to help us know you a little better.

Top 3 books I've read in the past year:

Mockingjay by Susanne Collins
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray

(I'm really behind on my reading, but hope to catch up this summer.)

Top 3 blogs I follow:

Tahereh Mafi's blog http://stiryourtea.blogspot.com/  - She's a YA
author with a trilogy coming out AND a movie deal already in the
works, but besides that she's simply awesome and always has
encouraging words for aspiring authors.

Market My Words by Shelli Johannes http://faeriality.blogspot.com/  -
Author and Marketing Consultant, runs a fun blog and has many
connections in the publishing industry who often stop by and chat
about the ins and outs of the business.

Miss Snark's First Victim - Authoress Anon
http://misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/  - Great contests every
month for writers, and agents tend to lurk there often.

Top 3 leisure activities:

Reading (obviously?). Love to curl up in bed or on the couch with a
book. When time permits, that is.

Catching up on favorite TV shows. This has to do with the fact that
I'm living in Germany and missing out on all the cool American shows.
When I get a bit of free time, I head to my computer and search for
what I've missed.

Playing games with my family. Whether it's Harry Potter Clue, Scrabble
or a good game of Hearts, or getting crazy on the Wii or PS3, it's
always fun to get silly with my husband and two kids. Family time is
important, right?

Absolutely! I love family time too. It sounds like the internet is your lifeline to more than just the children’s publishing industry. How can all of us online-addicts keep up with your aspiring career and over all coolness?

I can be found on my blog, We Do Write (http://we-do-write.blogspot.com/) where I interview writers, both published and yet-to-be.

I also have a website (http://dorothydreyer.wordpress.com/) where samples of my writing can
be found.


Hope you can stop by and say hello.

Thanks for the interview, Kai! :)

Thank you, Dorothy, for stopping in for Three Times A Charm! It was so much fun getting to know more about you. Best of luck with your writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me