Three Times A Charm with Laura Diamond

Welcome to Three Times A Charm. I love to introduce readers to the people involved in children’s publishing. Today we welcome young adult author, Laura Diamond. Laura, tell us a little about you, please.

I am a board certified psychiatrist currently specializing in emergency psychiatry. I’m also an author of all things young adult—both contemporary and paranormal. An avid fan of sci-fi, fantasy, and anything magical, I thrive on quirk, lucid dreams, and coffee. When I’m not working or writing, I can be found sniffing books and drinking a latte at the bookstore or at home pondering renovations on my 225 year old fixer upper, all while obeying my feline overlords, of course.

If we aren’t careful, cats will take over the world. Now, we’d love to hear about your book.

UNDER MY SKIN Blurb:

Bookish Brit Adam Gibson is one wonky heartbeat away from a fatal arrhythmia. He's torn between wanting to live and knowing that someone else must die in order for him to do so. He needs a new heart.

Adam stops talking to his friends, refuses to meet kids at his new school, and shuts his parents out entirely. His days are spent wondering if can cope with having a dead man's heart beating inside his chest, or if he should surrender to the thoughts of suicide swirling around in his head.

And then a donor is found.

Outspoken artist Darby Fox rarely lets anything stand in her way of achieving her goals. She also happens to be the twin sister to a perfect brother with good looks, good grades, manners, and the approval of their parents - something Darby has never had.

Darby's always had bad timing. She picks the worst time to argue with her brother Daniel. In a car with bald tires, on an icy road in the freezing cold, the unthinkable happens. In a split-second, everything changes forever.

When life forces Adam and Darby together, undeniable sparks fly, and a deep connection is made. But the secret inside of Adam may be the thing that pushes them apart forever.

UNDER MY SKIN is Fault In Our Stars meets Thirteen Reasons Why meets Emmy and Oliver.

Wow! Sounds great. I’ve added it to my Goodreads shelf. Now let’s move on to the threes. Give us your top 3 responses to the following to help us get to know you better.

  • Top 3 books you recommend reading and why you recommend them.

Anything by Victoria (V.E.) Schwab—she writes young adult and adult fantasy and creates such tragic, real characters. I LOVE everything she writes. (My fave’s are Vicious and the A Darker Shade of Magic series.)

Anything by Maggie Stiefvater, especially The Scorpio Races and The Raven Cycle series. Like Victoria, she creates compelling characters. Also, her settings are so atmospheric that you feel transported there.

I have to mention the Harry Potter series because JK Rowling has such a complex, but strong world and events that happen in the first book tie into the last—that takes a TON of planning and it’s so well done that it deserves admiration.

  • Top 3 leisure activities.

Does sleep count as a leisure activity? I enjoy reading (of course!), drinking coffee, and daydreaming, lol!

  • Top 3 favorite places.

I’ve travelled to several places over the years, but my favorites are Israel, New Zealand, and Burkina Faso. Israel meant a lot to me because I was able to be baptized in the Jordan River. New Zealand is such a beautiful country and the people are incredibly friendly. Plus, I got to visit Lord of the Rings filming sites—so awesome! In Burkina Faso, I had the opportunity to participate in Operation Christmas Child where small gifts and toiletries were handed out to local people.

I’ve never even heard of Burkina Faso. I’ll have to Google it. Finally, please share with us where our tech savvy readers can find out more about you and your work.


Thank you for joining us today, Laura. It was great to get to know more about you and Under My Skin.

THANKS!

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for hosting me. Enjoyed our chat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book sounds fascinating, Laura. Sad yet hopeful maybe. Congratulations and best of luck to you. Wonderful interview, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sound of your book, Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me