When Life Kills Your Motivation


I haven’t made the time to write recently. I’ve been on two long car trips down to California in the past month and when I am home, my mind feels like mush. The urge prickles within me though. Not enough for me to be able to collect my thoughts and concentrate, but the mind itch is a good sign. My Trickster character, Luke, occupies a lot of my thoughts. The first book, which is in edit mode, and the second book, which is in first draft mode. There will be political stuff in the second book that I’m not good with, so I really need to brainstorm with my husband on what I imagine is happening in my Trickster’s life and how hubs thinks that would play out in the convoluted world of politics. Hubs seemed surprised when I asked him to help me, which cracked me up. “You think I know about politics?” asks the man who explains the evening news to me every night.

I’m determined to figure out how to add writing and exercising into my days now that the sun is up past 8:30 at night and we approach the end of the school year. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll find the motivation to do it all and bring home a pay check.

What are your current challenges?

Comments

  1. Car trips can really take it out of you. Hope you get back in the zone soon! I'm not too challenged at the moment, but I've just finished a big edit and now trying to get motivated to dive back in, knowing there is more to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how exhausting it is to sit in a car and do nothing! Good luck with the dive and congrats on finishing that edit. Woo hoo!

      Delete
  2. Sound busy, Hope you find some time to relax and recharge. It will all work out in the end. Wishing you the best and happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice not to have any sort of pressure, but then again sometimes those deadlines are the only thing that 'inspire' ;)

      Delete
  3. Time, always finding the time to be able to write is my challenge right now. But I've gotten a lot more efficient with the time I do have. Sounds like you needed some time away from the screen/page to let your story percolate in your mind. I always need to let a story marinate in my mind for awhile before I sit down to write it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me

Robot Writing - What It Is & How to Avoid It