RAP on Liking and Tagging - Just Do It

I tried to do some Random Act of Publicity during the September event, but I fell off. So I'm gonna make up for it now.

I've talked before about easy ways to help your favorite authors sell their books. There is no denying that the current hot spot online for book buying is Amazon and Amazon makes it easy for readers to support their favorite books and authors.

First you can click the like button on the author's page and also on the book's page. The more likes an author or book has, the more confident a browsing reader is in making the investment on a book they are interested in. When clicking like on a book, be sure to get all the versions, hardcover, paperback and kindle editions. One like does not like all.

Also, you can tag a book with related words and phrases. The more times a book is tagged with that word or phrase, the more it will come up when a browsing reader is doing a search for books related to those tagged words. As an example, my Weaver Tales books both have the word gnome tagged. If a person is browsing for books with gnomes, my book will come up in the search IF the word has been tagged enough. Tagging isn't as hard as it sounds. Most books already have a list of related words that you can simply agree with. However, if you feel there is a key search option missing, by all means add it!

Last but not least, post a review. It can be short. Here's one on Save the Lemmings that is short, but gives a rating, goes straight to the point and let's the browsing reader know the book was enjoyed by someone else. IT ALL HELPS! Trust me.

Now for the random act of publicity part of my post. I've recently liked and tagged these books. If you've read them, please take the time to do the same.

Ashfall by Mike Mullin
Open Minds and Life Liberty & Pursuit by Susan Kaye Quinn
Dolphin Girl and Winging It! by Shel Delisle
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

Like me, tag me, review me

Here are the links to my books. I'd LOVE you to help my books by visiting, liking and tagging them, as well as liking my author page. Thanks for your support!

Save the Lemmings
The Wishing Well: Another Weaver Tale (hardcover)
The Wishing Well: Another Weaver Tale (paperback) for some reason, they aren't joined like they should be (?)
The Weaver
My Author Page on Amazon




If I enjoyed a book, I go straight to the Amazon page as soon as I finish reading so that I remember to click that like button and agree with the list of tags. Make it a habit. Your turn. Do you have absolute favorite books/authors that you want to help promote? Add the links in the comments. You can never promote your favorites enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me