Amazon's Awesome Series Pages

I don't know about you, but one of my pet peeves as a reader is when it isn't clear that a book is 1) part of a series and 2) what order to read the series in. I have stopped reading a series because I've had to work to hard to figure out which book is next.

Amazon is making it much easier to find that information.


First off, they've added the series information directly under the book information. See how when you are on The Weaver's page on Amazon, it shows all the books in the series? This is especially helpful when the author and publisher didn't expect the book to become a series (as in the case of The Weaver) so you didn't indicate anything about additional books in the first one.


The second very helpful information is when you click through to the series page. For example, I looked up my book, Polar Opposites. It shows that it's the second book in a series, so I click through to the series page and I'm provided with buy links for all three books and I'm allowed to leave a review of the entire series. So readers can say things like "satisfying ending," "Surprised where the twists and turns of the story line ended up," and "I really hope this isn't the end of these characters. I'm in love." Or - you know - things like that. (Insert big obvious winking emoticon here!)

Anyway, as a reader, I'm super excited that it will be easier to know when a book is part of a series. As an author, I'm excited that readers will know there are more Weaver Tales or the order to read SVA in. Authors, make sure your books are part of a series. If they aren't visit the book page in Amazon Central and then drop Amazon an email to let them know which of your books should be included as part of the series. You don't need your publisher to do it. You have the power!

Anyone else excited about this too?

Comments

  1. Hi Kai, thanks for this great info. I will add my Magical series so folks know which is first and all that. Blessings, Penny (www.penelopeannecole.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up about this, Kai. This is a very helpful feature that I will definitely be using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't noticed they started doing this. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great service for readers! Sometimes it's really hard to find out which books are in a series.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me