Defining the New Year 1 Week at a Time

As I reviewed my goals for 2019, I realized that first I needed to define the year. I decided to dub 2019 the Year of the Trickster in order to get the trickster novel I've been working on forever in shape to take it's next step in life. But in order to do that, I have more definitions to make. The idea is to define what it will take for me to get the job done. To keep me focused. To move me and my writing forward. If this is something you think you might benefit from, I invite you to join me in my weekly explorations of defining what it takes to achieve my goal.

The first definition might be obvious.

Work - noun - exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil.


In order for us to reach our goals it will most definitely take some work. It may even take a LOT of work. Writing is hard work. It isn't physical, where you end up limping around from straining a thigh muscle while dead lifting 250 pounds. It's mental work. The kind that has you gnashing your teeth or reaching for a glass of wine after slamming your laptop closed. It's a marathon of thoughts and puzzles.

I will explore more about work in my newsletter, plus I'll have little giveaways each week for those of you who participate in defining your year with me. So, be sure to subscribe to get the next step in defining our work of 2019.



Have you ever practiced weigh lifting? What form did it take? Formal weight lifting in a gym or lifting kids or family responsibilities? What is the biggest weight you've lifted?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Susan Kaye Quinn, Author of Open Minds, Presents:

I Want More – The Story Behind the Story, I Am Me

Robot Writing - What It Is & How to Avoid It